Monday, August 8, 2011

Who?? What??

Who is my frnd?? And more importantly, who is not?? Is the one who knows me by face, who acknowledges my presence with a nod, a nod that is used to acknowledge friend and foe alike.. is he my frnd?? Or am I his enemy?? Does the nod mean “I have your back”, or does he mean “I’m coming to get you”?? What does it mean? In fact, does it mean anything at all, or is it just the happiness of having found something familiar, a familiar face, with no regard whatsoever to the person beneath the mask of skin and bones.

And who, now is my good friend?? Is it the one I seek to be close to?? But does that mean that person is my close frnd?? Is it the one who shares with me all the good moments of life, but withdraws into a shell whenever something bad happens,, biding her time, waiting for the bad times to pass, before coming out n talking to me again? Or is it the one who shares all the bad times with me, but forgets in the good times? Or is it the one who does all this.. sharing good n bad times,, n shutting me out whenever they feel like..

They say a good frnd is one who turns to u in time of need, and a true frnd one who helps.. but what if they turn to me only in their times of need?? Am I a frnd, or just someone who they trust will get them out of trouble.. carry them home after a night of partying, wake up and listen to their troubles at 4 in the morning and sugest something?? Am I a frnd or just a means of support.. a means of getting out the anger contained within,, so that it does not burn down the others who matter more.. am I a “good frnd”, or a expendable acquaintance..

And what about the one who shares all the good times, and shuts out in the bad ones.. do they not trust me?? Or do they fear I would not come up to what they feel I’d do, and are saving themselves from this.. or are they saving me?? The one who shuts me out whenever it feels like.. one moment it’s a torrent, and the next,, nothing at all..

Who is who?? Who is what?? And more importantly?? Who and what am I?? to them, to the others,, to myself…

No comments: